KAUSHALAM – THE WORD
Kaushalam is a Sanskrit (ancient Indian Language) word which signifies doing work with devotion and without attachment i.e. without becoming a workaholic. Such detached attitude enhances its values and improves the concentration and skill of the worker. If we work with elegance, fortitude, and skill our Body-Mind-Soul will co-operate with our hands.
THE ESSENCE OF KAUSHALAM
As is rightly said that Art never dies; it evolves into new ideas and new concepts. History of great civilizations and its people is best understood by studying their Art which primarily represents the value of tradition and a true depiction of the journey of the mankind.
However, more is going to be lost than preserved? There are countless art forms which are dying or are on the brink of extinction in this never ending race of modernization. Eventually, in the age of automated mass production, very few have the will and passion to save our traditional hand – made art forms which seemingly offends the new age fast paced automated world. Only small initiatives driven with passion for preserving the ancient art forms are found sparsely sprinkled across the globe
A CREATIVE BEGINNING
Kaushalam is one such initiative which was conceived in the spring of 2012 from a 600 sq. feet studio space in Jaipur, India by a Socio-preneur, Mrinalika (Jain) Bhardwaj with a thought of creating a niche in the world of art and craft dedicated to contribute in global efforts of preserving the art forms. Mrinalika who herself has a master’s degree in Fine Arts, realized that Indians have inculcated the spirit of appreciating and mastering production of art forms for more than ten thousand years.
The artists from all geographies of India, achieved the highest standard of Artistry, backed with great skills and innovation. The Indian artists have thrived for centuries in creating the unique art forms of India. Typical Indian homes will always have a place for traditional art and crafts. Art is Omni present in India. Common Indian household has an eye for objects that have both beauty and utility. Art in India was never a showpiece or a museum article.
The concept of BEAUTY & UTILITY is the cornerstone of Kaushalam creations. The prime motive was to revive the traditional art of India in its new form by designing utility items hand painted with traditional arts which included Kishangarh miniature art, Jaipur marble art, Madhubani, Phad, Worli, Wall Mural art, Ladhaki art, Kashmiri art and adding more art forms with each passing day.
The inspiration behind choosing themes for Kaushalam products comes from rich Indian heritage, diverse cultures and traditions. Kaushalam products are amalgamation of past and present. They are a piece of art and history with a blend of modernization.
VISION OF KAUSHALAM
To be the custodian and practitioners of authentic Indian hand – made art forms
MISSION OF KAUSHALAM
Our Mission is to curate every product with passion in heart and spirituality in soul. Revive and let the traditional ways speak in the global language of art. We resolve to preserve dying art forms back to life not only to honour their past practitioners, but to allow these art forms to flourish in the modern times
VALUES OF KAUSHALAM
Kaushalam is not just an ancient Sanskrit name, it’s a family. It’s a world which has been slowly but consciously knitted curated into a close knit Unique Family by the SOUL of Kaushalam, i.e. MRINALIKA, the founder.
At Kaushalam, our Artisans are christened as KAUSHALs and KAUSHALYAs – meaning skilled Artisan in Sanskrit. We as a family are morally obliged to provide our customers the authentic, handmade art forms to delight them as a prized possession. The entire family is driven by the passion of spreading smiles, Positive vibes, peace and harmony to the world; both within and outside.
Our efforts are directed to be significant contributors in the spirit of Equality
Happy and Delighted Customers - The story of how the piece of art was made and the story of the Artisans Journey. Our Products should be a physical reminder of the story or as a reminder of a particular event or time in their life
Women Empowerment - We put our heart and soul not only in our products but our dream is to provide livelihood to needy Artisans, especially the women folks.
Social Upliftment – The Artisans of traditional art forms, which is on the brink of extinction are worst affected to meet the ends. We aim to provide them means to lead a respectable and dignified life.
Preserve Rare Art forms – We aim to be custodians and pioneers in preserving dying art forms by undertaking thorough research and provide a dignified life by bringing the Artisans in the folds of Kaushalam.
Embrace Organic Growth – To prosper is human; but growing organically without dilution in standards and commitments made to the customer, needs immaculate spirit of upholding humanity. We cherish our resolve to be committed to our moral obligations.
Training the Unskilled - Successfully train the novices and in the process handover the precious knowledge to the new generations. Our KAUSHALs & KAUSAHALYAs (skilled artisans) are the pioneers of the Gurukul, (The Kaushalam School of Arts)
India is full of treasures. The rich heritage of this land has a unique history, its traditions and culture has inspired generations and the tasteful architecture mesmerizes us all even today. A plethora of beautiful art forms is what makes it an amazing symphony. Every time you dig in you find something unique and precious. At Kaushalam we yearn for excellence, and focus on folk and regional arts along with its traditional life style. Things which are losing their importance in this modern 21st century and age old art forms which are getting extinct is our main area of concentration. A delightful combination of the two led to numerous inventions
THE JOURNEY SO FAR
Kaushalam was formed in April 2012, and within a short span of time we have come a long way and been successful in creating a niche in Indian and global art and craft industry. We have partnered with India’s top-notch online portals and physical retail stores. We are exporting to many countries like Dubai, Kuwait, Netherlands, Germany, and Australia to name a few.
MILESTONES OF KAUSHALAM
Since 2012 the Kaushalam has had various exposures both in domestic market and International market. The mile stones of Kaushalam are as under:-
OUTLET IN CITY PALACE.
- On invitation of Princess of Jaipur Ms. Diya Kumari, the Kaushalam established its first retail store in City Palace of Jaipur from 2012 to 2015.
TREASURES OF RAJASTHAN AT EGYPTIAN EMBASSY AT NEW DELHI 2012.
- Kaushalam was invited to display its art-de-facts at Egyptian Embassy at Delhi and its items were loved by all National and International visitors; giving Kaushalam the first exposure amongst International Buyers.
KALA GHORA ART FESTIVAL 2013 MUMBAI.
- Kaushalam products gained substantial popularity and achieved selection in Kala Ghora Fest 2013 to display its creative hand painted items
FIERA MILANO EXHIBITION 2014 IN ITALY [SPONSORED BY MSME (INDIA)].
- Kaushalam displayed its items in Milan, Italy sponsored by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). Kaushalam art-de-facts were the center of attraction for all foreign buyers.
KALA GHORA ART FESTIVAL 2014 MUMBAI.
- Due to diversified items and art of Kaushalam, the Kaushalam again qualified to display its items in Kala Ghora Art Fest in 2014.
- KAUSHALAM INTRODUCED BY discovered.com (2014).
- Kaushalam was introduced by ‘Discovered’ in Netherlands; one of the popular online market. Kaushalam product was introduced as the cover page of Discovered.
FORHEX FAIR – VASTRA 2015 JAIPUR.
- Kaushalam items remained a center of attraction spreading its colors in the ambience and Ms. Mrinalika received second prize for the best display of Kaushalam items.
PARTICIPATION IN DURGA PUJA FEST 2015 MUMBAI.
- Kaushalam drew accolades for its products and the famous Indian actress Ms. Vidya Balan personally complimented Ms. Mrinalika for Kaushalam Tea Kettle.
KAUSHALAM EXPLORED LADAKHI ART 2016.
- Ms. Mrinalika personally visited Ladhak, the high altitude and the coldest region of India where the temperature dips up to minus 25 degrees to explore the Ladhaki art, stayed there for months to take lessons from Ladhaki artists and to introduce same in Kaushalam products.
KAUSHALAM INAUGURATES ITS FIRST RETAIL STORE 2017.
- After a four years of online journey, the Kaushalam inaugurated its first retail store in the most posh locality C-Scheme at Jaipur in Jun 2017. The store was inaugurated by Ms. Neeta Boochra, an eminent personality and Founder of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry(FICCI), Jaipur Chapter along with Shri Gulab Chand Kataria, Honorable Home Minister of Rajasthan.
- KAUSHALAM PREPARATION TO LAUNCH LADAKHI ART 2016.
- Kaushalam brought Ladhaki Artist to its manufacturing unit at Jaipur and started its preparation to launch less known Ladhaki Art.
LADAKHI ART PRODUCTS LAUNCHED AT KALA GHORA ART FESTIVAL 2018.
- The Kaushalam was once again selected to display its Ladhaki Items in The Kala Ghora Art Festival in Feb 2018 at Mumbai. The product was applauded and liked by many and also gave exposure to the less known art form in Indian art market.
KAUSHALAM UNDERTAKES NEW PROJECT OF PAPER MACHE ART PRODUCTS 2016.
RECEIVING INSPIRING WOMEN ACHIEVERS AWARD ON WOMEN'S DAY!!
- Kaushalam is proud to announce that its founder Mrs. Mrinalika Jain has been awarded Inspiring Women's Achievers Award on Women's day !!
In the award ceremony organized by Crafts Council of Weavers & Artisans (for Artisans - by Artisans) and WTC at Jaipur. During the event inspiring woman and women entrepreneurs who have contributed exceedingly well in different fields were felicitated.
Mrinalika was awarded for her contribution in hand painted art forms of India by the chief guest of the ceremony, Mrs. Suneeta Meena, Additional Commissioner of Police.
Team Kaushalam is extremely proud of the recognition and strive to work hard towards preserving traditional Indian Hand painted artforms and support the Artisans.
#womensday #handpainted #achieversaward #kaushalam
- CERTIFICATION & MEMBERSHIPS
We are an ISO 9000:2008 certified company and hold the memberships of EPCH, NSIC and registered with DC Handicrafts.